Article number six of a series of blog posts. As a heads up, I don’t claim to be an expert, I don’t have a Fidenza, nor a Bored Ape and at that I’m not a Cool Cat. I am a market participant who has been in a handful of discord servers, minted many cool NFTs, engaged with numerous artists, etc. At the end of the day, I identify as an artist, a designer, and somewhat of a marketer. 

It’s through these lenses that I intend to shine some light on artists, developers and creators to provide some insight or behind the scenes into how their journey has been so far. Through learning from each other, by trial and error, I believe we can create an even better space for years to come. 


The best way to learn about the NFT world is by building and joining an NFT community. If you are an artist interested in selling your work, the key to successful NFT drops is through the NFT community. If you haven't heard it before success with NFTs is all about community.

But what does that mean? 

In this part of  #30articlesbeforeI'm30 I'm going to give you my top four tips on how to build your own NFT community from my own research and insights from the booming market.

Build community first, sell art second

As with most things in life, your reputation and connections will open more doors than anything else. In the NFT world, being a part of a strong community is not only the key to selling your work, it'll improve your knowledge of the space and give you invaluable insight into what collectors are looking for.

Support other artists and people you respect

If you're just getting started in the NFT world, the best places to look for and build community are in Twitter and Discord. Look for NFT projects and artists you like, follow them, join their Discord groups and get involved. There are also daily Twitter Spaces sessions (like live podcasts) that people host. Listen in and absorb as much as you can.

Add value, don't shill

I promise the more you add value to these communities, the more people will support you. Don't join a Discord channel or shill your project without participating in Discord or Twitter. It could be as simple as showing support by retweeting another artist's NFT drop or helping out people in an NFT Discord group. When you build trust within a community, people will support you back.

Build a good reputation

Once you drop your NFT collection, continue building community. Be yourself and connect with the people who supported you. Collectors love it when artists are active on Twitter and in Discord. Be responsive and open to feedback and you'll see your following grow exponentially. There are tons of artists who have found incredible success because of the community they've built.

Thats all for me with this article, I've tried to provide everything you need to build a wholesome and successfull online NFT community. Let me know what you think about this as I hoping this helped someone in their journey through the world of NFT's. If you would like me to cover a specific topic or area as part of this personal challenge , please let me know. I think it would help others and, of course, I would love to link out to you!

If you’ve enjoyed this, feel free check out my website Prince of Cavan Creations or to follow me on the social medias, where I can be found under @princeofcavan. As always, let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib